UPSC CDS 2020: Union Public Service Commission has released the notification for Combined Defence Services Examination (II), 2020 including SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course for 344 vacancies. Candidates with the qualification of B.E/ B.Tech/ Any Degree can apply for this post.
Interested candidate can check Eligibility, Exam Date, Age Limit, How to Apply, Salary, and full Eligibility Criteria; keep reading this useful article completely on instajobalerts.com.
UPSC CDS-Combined Defence Services Exam 2020
Union Public Service Commission UPSC
|Exam Name||Combined Defence Services Examination (II) 2020|
|Total Vacancies||344 Posts|
|Experience||Freshers govt jobs|
|Job Location||Across India|
|Last Date||25 August 2020|
- Date of CDS Exam (II) Notification: 05.08.2020
- Closing date of Online Application: 25.08.2020
- Last date for Payment of Application Fee: 25.08.2020 (till 6:00 PM)
- Withdrawal of Online applications: 01.09.2020 to 07.09.2020 till 6.00 PM
- Date of Combined Defence Services Examination: 08.11.2020
Application Fee: Rs.200/-
Note: Female/SC/ST candidates are exempted from application fee.
Mode of Payment: Depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking the facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
- For IMA: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2002 only are eligible.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2002 only are eligible.
- For Air Force Academy:20 to 24 years as on 1st July 2021 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July 1997 and not later than 1st July 2001
- For Officers Training Academy: (SSC Course for Men) Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1996 and not later than 1st July 2002 only are eligible.
- For Officers Training Academy: (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women candidates born not earlier than 2nd July 1996 and not later than 1st July 2002.
- Age relaxation is applicable to SC/ ST/ OBC/ PWD Candidates as per rules.
Note: Male divorcee/widower candidates cannot be treated as unmarried male for the purpose of their admission in IMA/INA/AFA/OTA, Chennai courses and accordingly they are not eligible for these courses.
Academy Wise Vacancies: (Total 344 Posts)
- Indian Military Academy, Dehradun – 100 Posts
- Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala – 26 Posts
- Air Force Academy, Hyderabad – 32 Posts
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai (Madras) [SSC (Men)] – 169 Posts
- Officers Training Academy, Chennai [SSC (Women)] – 17 Posts
- For I.M.A. and Officers Training Academy, Chennai: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent.
- For Indian Naval Academy: Degree in Engineering from a recognized University/ Institution.
- For Air Force Academy: Degree of a recognized University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
Note: Candidates who are studying in the final year/semester Degree course who have any present backlog up to the last semester/year can also apply.
UPSC CDS 2020 Selection Process:
The selection process is based on the Written Examination and Interview for intelligence and personality test.
Scheme of Examination:
For Admission to Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, and Air Force Academy:
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
|Elementary Mathematics||2 Hours||100|
For Admission to Officers Training Academy :
|General Knowledge||2 Hours||100|
UPSC CDS 2020 – Examination Centres:
Agartala, Ahmedabad, Aizwal, Bangalore, Bareilly, Bhopal, Chandigarh, Chennai, Cuttack, Dehradun, Delhi, Dharwad, Dispur, Gangtok, Hyderabad, Imphal, Itanagar, Jaipur, Jammu, Jorhat, Kochi, Kohima, Kolkata, Lucknow, Madurai, Mumbai, Nagpur, Panaji (Goa), Patna, Port Blair, Praygraj (Allahabad), Raipur, Ranchi, Sambalpur, Shillong, Shimla, Srinagar, Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupati, Udaipur and Visakhapatnam.
How to Apply for UPSC CDS Combined Defence Services Exam 2020?
All interested and eligible candidates can submit their online application to the official website (www.upsconline.nic.in ) on or before 25 August 2020 till 6 PM.
For More Details: CLICK HERE
To Apply: CLICK HERE