SBI PO Syllabus 2020 & Examination pattern: State bank of India releases the notification for Probationary Officier post for the session of 2019. SBI PO Recruitment 2020 will be based on the candidate’s performance in the various stages of selection.
SBI PO syllabusis much similar to that of any other bank exam. There are three major sections that a candidate needs to prepare to ace the preliminary exam. These are Reasoning, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language. The sections have a wide range of topics on which questions are based. It is recommended that candidates must have a look at the previous year papers and know about the weightage of each topic.
There are 3 main stage of SBI PO Recruitment 2020
Stage 1: Preliminary examination
Stage 2: Mains examination
Stage 3: Group Discussion and Final Interview
SBI PO Syllabus 2020 (Prelims & Mains)
Prelims Exams Pattern
The preliminary examination will be conducted for 100 marks with a duration of 60 minutes. The prelims score will not be added to the cutoff marks (ie)there is no sectional cutoff. This section will have negative marks as a reduction of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
|S.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration|
|1||Reasoning Ability||35 Ques.||35 Marks||20 Minutes|
|2||Numerical Ability||35 Ques.||35 Marks||20 Minutes|
|3||English Language||30 Ques.||30 Marks||20 Minutes|
|Total||100 Ques.||100 Marks||1 Hour|
Reasoning Ability: This section will have a total of 45 questions in objective type and finally calculated the score out of 35 marks,listed below:-
- Puzzles and Seating arrangements
- Direction Sense
- Blood relation
- Order and Ranking
- Coding and Decoding
- Input Output
- Data Sufficiency
- Alphanumeric Series
- Logical Reasoning
For Quantitative Aptitude: Quantitative Aptitude will have 35 objective type questions with a total score of 35 marks. Listed below:
- Sequence & Series
- Data Interpretation
- Miscellaneous (Simple Interest,Compound Interest,Speed & Time,profit and loss,time and work,average,Age,ratio,and partnership)
- Mensuration – Cylinder, Cone, Sphere
- Permutation, Combination &Probability
- Mixtures &Alligations
For the English Language: The English language is to check the vocabulary knowledge of candidates with the 30 questions and all are in objective type. This section will cover the following topics:-
- Reading comprehension
- Cloze test
- Error detection
- Jumbled paragraph
- Fill in the blanks
- Multiple Meaning /Error Spotting
- Paragraph Completion
SBI PO Mains Syllabus & Exam pattern : The Mains Examination of SBI PO exam 2020 will constitute of 4 sections: Reasoning + Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Analysis & Interpretation and General/Economy/Banking Awareness.-
- The objective test for 200 marks
- Descriptive test for 50 marks.
SBI PO Main Objective Test:
Main objective test will have the time duration for the 200 objective type questions. For each wrong answer, 1/4 of the mark will be reduced.
|S.No.||Name of Tests||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Time|
|1||Reasoning & Computer Aptitude||45||60||60 minutes|
|2||Data Analysis & Interpretation||35||60||45 minutes|
|3||General/ Economy/ Banking Awareness||40||40||35 minutes|
|4||English Language||35||40||40 minutes|
SBI PO Syllabus 2020 – Mains objective Test:
SBI PO main Objective examination will have 155 questions with the total mark of 200 and the time duration is 3 hours.
SBI PO Main Syllabus
|Data Interpretation & Analysis||Reasoning||English Language||General/Economy/ Banking Awareness||Computer Aptitude|
|Tabular Graph||Verbal Reasoning||Reading Comprehension||Financial Awareness||Internet|
|Line Graph||Syllogism||Grammar||Current Affairs||Memory|
|Pie Chart||Circular Seating Arrangement||Vocabulary||General Knowledge||Keyboard Shortcuts|
|Bar Graph||Linear Seating Arrangement||Verbal Ability||Static Awareness||Computer Abbreviation|
|Radar Graph Caselet||Double Lineup||Word Association||Banking and Financial Awareness||Microsoft Office|
|Missing Case DI||Scheduling||Sentence Improvement||Computer Hardware|
|Let it Case DI||Input Output||Para Jumbles||Computer Software|
|Data Sufficiency||Blood Relations||Cloze Test||Computer Fundamentals /Terminologies|
|Probability||Directions and Distances||Error Spotting||Networking|
|Permutation and Combination||Ordering and Ranking||Fill in the blanks||Number System|
|Data Sufficiency||Operating System|
|Coding and Decoding||Basic of Logic Gates|
|Course of Action|
|Analytical and Decision Making|
SBI PO Descriptive Test: The Descriptive examination will be a total of 50 marks with a duration of 30 minutes. In that examination, the writing skills of the candidates will be tested with letter writing and essay writing. Candidates have to write the letter writing or essay in 150 words.
Group discussion and Final Interview:
- Candidates are shortlisted at the end of both descriptive and objective test in the order of descending in each category.
- Based on the list the bank will call the candidates for the group discussion and final interview.
- SBI declared that group discussion will have 20 marks and interview will have 30 marks.
- The qualifying mark for both rounds will be decided by the SBI officials.
SBI PO Syllabus 2020 – Cutoff calculation:
- The preliminary examination is the qualifying stage for the mains examination. Prelims score will not be calculated for cutoff.
- The score obtained in the mains examination out of 250 marks is converted into 75 marks and the score obtained in the group discussion and final interview will be converted into 25 marks.
- At finally total score is calculated as mains + GD/PI for the total mark of 100.
Aspects of SBI PO Exam 2020:
- Bilingual Test: Bilingual test means that every section will be in English and Hindi.For the comfortable for the candidates who take the test in Hindi.
- Negative Mark: Negative mark will be applicable for prelims and mains examination. In that, every wrong answer will be responsible for the deduction of 0.25 marks for each answer.
- No Answer: There is no deduction for the question which is not answered. So candidates can leave no answer to the question which is difficult.
SBI PO Syllabus 2020- FAQs
Q1. What are the subjects in the SBI PO 2020 exam?
Ans. There are three subjects in SBI PO 2020 Prelims Exam which are Reasoning Ability, Quantitative Aptitude and English Language and 5 subjects in mains exam which are Reasoning & Computer Aptitude, English Language, Data Interpretation & Analysis and General/Economy/Banking Awareness.
Q2. What is the negative marking scheme in the SBI PO exam?
Ans. The negative marking scheme is applicable for SBI PO Preliminary and Mains exam. The 0.25 marks are deducted for every wrong answer in both rounds of the SBI PO examination.
Q3. What will be the total number of questions in SBI PO Preliminary & Mains exams?
Ans. The Prelims exam will have a total of 100 questions while there will be 155 questions in the SBI PO Mains exam excluding Descriptive Paper.
Q4. What is the structure of SBI PO Descriptive Test?
Ans. The description test is based on English Language, in which a candidate have to write a Letter and an Essay for 50 Marks.