Press Council of India Recruitment 2021 – Press Council of India has announced an online job notification for recruitment to the post of Assistant Section Officer/Junior Translation Officer. The educational qualification of the candidates must be Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Degree/Diploma. Interested candidates who are all eligible for this recruitment can apply on or before 01 February 2021.
Interested candidate can check Eligibility, Exam Date, Age Limit, How to Apply, Salary, and full Eligibility Criteria; keep reading this useful article completely on instajobalerts.com.
About: Press Council is a mechanism for the Press to regulate itself. The raison d’etre of this unique institution is rooted in the concept that in a democratic society the press needs at once to be free and responsible.If the Press is to function effectively as the watchdog of public interest, it must have a secure freedom of expression, unfettered and unhindered by any authority, organised bodies or individuals. But, this claim to press freedom has legitimacy only if it is exercised with a due sense of responsibility. The Press must, therefore, scrupulously adhere to accepted norms of journalistic ethics and maintian high standards of professional conduct.
Press Council of India Recruitment 2021
Press Council of India Recruitment 2021 for Assistant Section Officer/Junior Translation Officer
|Job Role||Assistant Section Officer/Junior Translation Officer|
|Total Vacancies||05 Posts|
|Salary||Rs. 9300-34800/- per month|
|Job Location||New Delhi|
|Application Last Date||01 February 2021|
- Assistant Section Officer – 20 to 30 years
- Junior Translation Officer – 30 years
Upper age is relaxable by:
- For OBC – up to 3 years
- For SC/ST – up to 5 years
- For PWD – up to 10 years
- Assistant Section Officer – 04 Posts
- Junior Translation Officer – 01 Post
Assistant Section Officer:
- Bachelor Degree from a recognized university or equivalent.
Junior Translation Officer:
- Master’s degree of a recognized University in Hindi with English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level OR
- Master’s degree of a recognized University in English with Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level OR
- Master’s degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi medium and English as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level OR
- Master’s degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with English medium and Hindi as a compulsory or elective subject or as the medium of examination at the degree level; OR
- Master’s Degree of a recognized University in any subject other than Hindi or English, with Hindi and English as compulsory or elective subjects or either of the two as a medium of examination and the other as a compulsory or elective subject at degree level. Or
- Recognized Diploma or certificate course in translation from Hindi to English & vice versa or 2 years experience of translation of work from English to Hindi and vice versa in central or state government office.
- Assistant Section Officer: Rs. 9300-34800/-
- Junior Translation Officer: Rs. 9300-34800/-
Press Council of India Recruitment 2021 Selection Process:
- The selection process will be based on objective type and descriptive type written test.
For Assistant Section Officer, Objective Type:
|Part||Paper||Total Ques||Total Marks||Duration|
|I||General Intelligence and Reasoning||50||50||3 hrs|
|IV||English Language And Comprehension||50||50|
|Scheme Of Examination||Maximum marks||Time|
|Descriptive paper in English or Hindi||100||60|
- There will be negative marking of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- For Junior Translation Officer, Candidates are required to appear in written test (Objective as well as Descriptive) to adjudge the basic knowledge as per the requirement of the post. The selection shall be based on the performance of the candidates in the written test on merit basis.
|Objective Type (Multiple Choice)|
|200||2 hrs||10.00AM to 12.00 Noon|
|Conventional Type (Descriptive)|
1 each from Hindi to English and
vice-versa and an essay each in
Hindi and English
|200||2 hrs||2.00PM to 4.00PM|
How to apply for Press Council of India Recruitment 2021?
All the interested and eligible candidates can download the application form from official website and send the filled application form along with copies of all necessary documents to the postal address on or before 01 February 2021.
For More Details:
Notification 1(ASO) : CLICK HERE
Notification 2(Junior Translation Officer) : CLICK HERE
Official Website: CLICK HERE