1th to 7th October Current Affairs 2019
Daily GK Updates & October Current Affairs for Government Exams
Welcome to Current Affairs Section of Instajobalerts.com. Our Current Affairs Of October 2019 page covers various sections like banking & finance October Current Affairs 2019, business & economy, Indian and International affairs 2019, defense, environment current affairs, persons and many for Bank PO & Clerk Exams, Insurance, UPSC, SSC, Railway, State PSC & other Competitive Exams.
Candidate looking for government jobs can Check Eligibility, Exam Date, Age Limit, How to Apply, Salary ,full Eligibility Criteria , Keep reading this useful article completely On instajobalerts.com.
President Kovind appoints Chief Justices to 7 high courts
- President Ramnath Kovind appoints Chief Justices to seven high courts. Those chief justices have been appointed to Kerala, Andhra Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana, Gauhati, Rajasthan, Himachal Pradesh and Sikkim High Courts.
- Lingappa Narayana Swamy: Himachal Pradesh High Court
- Ravi Shanker Jha: Punjab and Haryana High Court
- Indrajit Mohanty: Rajasthan High Court
- J.K. Maheshwari: Andhra Pradesh High Court
- Manikumar: Kerala High Court
- Arup K. Goswami: Sikkim High Court
- Ajai Lamba: Gauhati High Court
- Four of the new Chief Justices would fill the vacancies left by Justices V. Ramasubramanian, Krishna Murari, S. Ravindra Bhat and Hrishikesh Roy, who were elevated to the Supreme Court recently from the Himachal Pradesh, Punjab and Haryana, Rajasthan, and Kerala High Courts, respectively.
- Union Home Minister Amit Shah flagged off Delhi-Katra Vande Bharat Express from the New Delhi Railway Station. The first commercial run of the train will start from 5th October.
- Palestine has released a commemorative postage stamp on Mahatma Gandhi, honouring his legacy and values, to mark the 150 birth anniversary of the world leader.
- Union Minister Smriti Irani Inaugurates India’s Largest ‘Charkha’ made of Waste Plastic in Noida. This ‘charkha’ (spinning wheel) made of used plastic waste was inaugurated the eve of Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary.
- The Nation pays homage to the Father of the Nation, Mahatma Gandhi on his 150th birth anniversary on 2nd October 2019.
- The nation is also remembering Former Prime Minister Lal Bahadur Shastri on his 115th birth anniversary. He gave the nation the powerful slogan of Jai Jawan, Jai Kisan to enthuse soldiers and farmers.
- China unveiled the Dongfeng-41 (DF-41) intercontinental-range ballistic missile, touted to be the most powerful missile on the planet at the National Day parade, as China observed its 70th anniversary of Communist rule.
- The nationwide Paryatan Parv, 2019 kicked off to promote tourism in the country. The aim is to propagate the message of Dekho Apna Desh to encourage people to visit tourist destinations of the country and also spread the message of Tourism for All.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Mauritius PM Pravind Jugnauth jointly inaugurated 2 landmark projects in Mauritius via video conference.
- Tourism Ministry has launched the Audio Guide facility “Audio Odigos” for 12 sites of India (including Iconic Sites) on the occasion of “Paryatan Parv 2019”.
- Passengers of IRCTC’s Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express will be compensated in case of delays, the Railway subsidiary, announcing a first of its kind offer from any national carrier.
- Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath flagged off country’s first private train Delhi-Lucknow Tejas Express started its maiden journey from Lucknow. It will be the first train of Indian Railways that will be entirely run by Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC).
- The Goa Maritime Conclave (GMC)-2019 was inaugurated by the National Security Advisor, Shri Ajit Kumar Doval, at Goa.
- Rajasthan became the third state in India after Maharashtra and Bihar to ban certain categories of pan masala containing magnesium carbonate, nicotine, tobacco, mineral oil and flavoured ‘supari’.
- Chief Minister of Odisha Naveen Patnaik rolled out ‘Mo Sarkar’ programme which finds its roots in the Gandhian philosophy of giving people their voice in daily governance.
- Chief Minister of Uttarakhand Trivendra Singh Rawat launched an awareness campaign “Urjagiri” which aims at stopping power theft and saving.
- Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy will launch the “YSR Vahana Mitra scheme” in Eluru, Andhra Pradesh.
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur launched the Pragati Rath of the HDFC bank.
- Kerala has topped the “School Education Quality Index” launched by NITI Aayog. Uttar Pradesh was ranked at the bottom of the list. Chandigarh has topped the list of Union Territories.
RBI reduces repo rate by 25 basis points in 4th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy
- In its 4th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Committee meeting, the Reserve Bank of India has reduced the policy repo rate by 25 basis points (bps).
- The MPC has also decided to maintain the accommodative stance of monetary policy. The main decisions taken in the 4th Bi-monthly Monetary Policy Committee meeting are:
- The repo rate under the liquidity adjustment facility (LAF) was reduced from 5.40% to 5.15%.
- The reverse repo rate under the LAF stands revised to 4.90%.
- The marginal standing facility (MSF) rate and the Bank Rate is revised to 5.40%.
- RBI has also reduced the real GDP growth for 2019-20 from 6.9% to 6.1%
- Bank of Baroda (BoB) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Indian Army under which the bank would offer customised services along with a host of facilities to account holders.
- The State Bank of India opened its Melbourne office and becoming the first Indian bank to have a branch in the Australian state of Victoria.
- Axis Bank, India’s third-largest private sector bank has launched the ‘Express FD’, a digital fixed deposit (FD) product that allows a customer to open an FD account in 3 minutes through the digital mode without opening a savings account with the bank.
- UCO Bank has launched three new digital products called, UCash, Digilocker and an app in Kolkata, West Bengal.
- The Reserve Bank of India has superseded the Board of Punjab and Maharashtra Cooperative Bank Limited, Mumbai and appointed Jai Bhagwan Bhoria as the bank’s administrator with all powers of the board.
- Senior Indian Information Service officer, KS Dhatwalia, has been appointed as the Principal Director General of Press Information Bureau.
- SS Mallikarjuna Rao was appointed as the Managing Director(MD)and Chief Executive of the Punjab National Bank(PNB).
- The former Indian captain Kapil Dev decision to resign from the Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC) of BCCI.
- Air Marshal S K Ghotia has taken over as the new Air Officer Commanding-in-Chief of the South Western Air Command (SWAC) of the Indian Air Force (IAF), at Gandhinagar, Gujarat.
- The government has appointed economist Surjit Bhalla as the executive director of the International Monetary Fund for a period of three years.
- Digital infrastructure provider, Tata Communications has named Amur S Lakshminarayanan as Managing Director and Group Chief Executive Officer designate of the company.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) of India was appointed Amrit Lugun as the next Ambassador of India to Greece.
- The Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) of India notified that Muktesh Kumar Pardeshi was appointed as the next High Commissioner of India to Niue.
- Oil India Limited has appointed Sushil Chandra Mishra as the new Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the company.
- Vijay Patil has been elected the president of Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA), while Sanjay Naik and Amol Kale were elected as secretary and vice-president Respectively. President Ram Nath Kovind will confer the Vayoshreshtha Samman-2019 on the eminent senior citizens and institutions in recognition of their services towards the cause of the elderly persons.
- President Ram Nath Kovind presented the most effective Swachchta Ambassador award to Former Indian cricketer Sachin Tendulkar on the occasion of 150th birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
- England all-rounder Ben Stokes has been voted Professional Cricketers’ Association player of the year at the Professional Cricketers’ Association awards.
- Human rights lawyer from Kyrgyzstan Azizbek Ashurov was awarded the 2019 UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) prestigious Nansen Award.
- UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) and Doordarshan, country’s public service broadcaster have joined hands to telecast TV bilingual programme ‘Mahatma Lives‘ or ‘Bapu Zinda Hain’ on 1-2 October 2019.
- Film Division in association with India Tourism will organise a “Gandhi Film Festival” in Mumbai from 2nd to 6th October, 2019.
- Power Minister RK Singh and Coal, Mines and Parliamentary Affairs Minister Pralhad Joshi have jointly launched PRAKASH – Power Rail Koyla Availability through Supply Harmony- portal in New Delhi.
- National Buildings Construction Corporation(NBCC) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports to provide project management consultancy for the development of National Sports University at Imphal, Manipur.
- The National Basketball Association (NBA) brought to India the first-ever Floating Basketball Court in the Arabian Sea in Mumbai, Maharashtra.