Current Affairs 2019 | Daily GK Updates & Current Affairs for Government Exams
Prime Minister of Republic of Guinea visited India Prime Minister of Guinea, Dr Ibrahima Kassory Fofana arrived in New Delhi along with his delegation on 16th March 2019 and met India President, Shri Ram Nath Kovind and Vice President, Shri Venkaiah Naidu to improve the bilateral ties between India and Guinea.
Australia launched 7 Nation Military exercise in Indian Ocean
Australia is conducting 7 nation Indian Ocean military exercise along with Sri Lanka, India, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Indonesia and Singapore. Australia sent 4 Naval Ships and one military aircraft along with around 1000 security personnel making it one the biggest military exercise
Bank of Baroda becomes the 3rd largest bank after its merger with Dena Bank & Vijaya Bank
On April 1, 2019, the merger of Dena Bank and Vijaya Bank into Bank of Baroda has come into effect. With this amalgamation, Bank of Baroda becomes the India’s second largest public sector bank and third largest commercial bank after State Bank of India (SBI) and HDFC Bank.
- India’s first ever three-way merger of banks has started its operation over Rs 15 lakh cr as of balance sheet, with deposits and advances of 8.75 lakh crore and 6.25 lakh crore rupees, respectively.
- Government has also infused Rs 5,042 crore into Bank of Baroda by way of preferential allotment of equity shares.
iii. Centre’s shareholding in the merged entity is 65.7%.
- BoB now has over 9,500 branches, 13,400 ATMs and 85,000 employees.
Reliance Mutual Fund partnering with Google, becomes the first Indian company to launch voice-based financial transactions
Reliance Nippon Life Asset Management (RNAM) has joined hands with Google to enable the customers of Reliance Mutual Fund to carry out voice-based financial transactions
- With this, RNAM becomes the first company in India, to provide conversational interface that would help customers regarding funds transactions.
- In the first phase, the functionality would be launched in Reliance Simply Save app for the customers.
Anti-Dumping Duty has been imposed on the import of Solar Components from four nations
In order to safeguard domestic players against cheap shipments, Department of Revenue, Government of India has imposed anti-dumping duty up to USD 1559 per tonne on the import of certain solar cell components (Ethylene Vinyl Acetate Sheet for Solar Module) from China, Malaysia, Saudia Arabia and Thailand for a period of 5 years.
- This move is taken on the recommendation of Directorate General of Trade Remedies (DGTR), which is the Investigation Arm of Ministry of Commerce.
Batman will become the first Inductee of Comic-Con Museum’s Character Hall of Fame
On his 80th Birthday, Batman will become the first Inductee of Comic-On Museum’s Character Hall of Fame in a ceremony at 50th Annual Comic-Con International in San Diego, USA on 17th July 2019
India’s defense satellite EMISAT successfully launched by ISRO
ISRO’s workhorse launch vehicle Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV C-45), in its 47th mission, has successfully launched the 436 kg EMISAT and 28 co-passenger satellites into their designated orbits from Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh. This was the 71st launch vehicle mission for Sriharikota.
- The military satellite, EMISAT, was successfully injected into intended sun-synchronous polar orbit of 748 km height.
- The foreign satellites have been launched under an agreement with theAntrix Corporation, the commercial arm of ISRO, consisting of 24 from the US, two from Lithuania and one each from Spain and Switzerland.
- Emisat is a satellite based on ISRO’s Indian Mini Satellite -2 (IMS-2) bus platform. The satellite is aimed at electromagnetic spectrum measurement.
Lewis Hamilton grabs Bahrain Grand Prix 2019
Five times world champion Lewis Hamilton captured Bahrain Grand Prix 2019 title by beating Valtteri Bottas of Finland who secured second position. Charles Leclerc was finished with third position and becoming Ferrari’s youngest ever race winner at the age of 21.
The Bahrain Grand Prix is a Formula One Championship race in Bahrain which sponsored by Gulf Air.